Call us on 0208 861 2159 for help and support
Call us on 0208 861 2159
Call us on 0208 861 2159

If you would like to speak to us about moving into one of our homes, please contact us on 0208 861 2159

There are various funding options available, and what you’re entitled to will depend on the income and capital that you may have, the type and level of care you need, as well as where you live in the UK.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be responsible for paying some or all of your care home costs. You may be entitled to financial support via the  NHS or your local authority; see below for further information. 

Any funding assistance you may be entitled to, will be decided by a financial assessment. Contact your local authority for further information.

Everyone’s financial situation is different, and we do recommend that you discuss your funding options with a financial adviser who will take your individual situation into account and give you tailored advice.

Self Funding care

Any savings (including shares and investments), income (including a pension) or property that you own will affect whether you are entitled to any funding from your local authority.

You are likely to have to pay the full cost of your accommodation and personal care yourself if you have capital of over £23,250. Even if you think you’re likely to need to fund all your care yourself, it’s important to have a needs assessment and a financial assessment done.

These will help you to clarify what kind of care you need (e.g. personal care, nursing care) and any support – including any benefits – that you or your family may be entitled to.

Care homes price their services differently, so it’s important to check what the fees of your chosen care home will cover and what will be charged as an extra cost – ask for their pricing policy if you haven’t been given it. It may be that entertainment, hairdressing and additional wellbeing services may be extra.

If you’re likely to be funding the majority of your care we recommend talking to a financial adviser as you’ll need to know that you’ll have the resources to fund your care in the longer term.Having completed a financial assessment with your local authority, if your capital falls below the limits above, you will receive local authority contributions towards the cost of your care.

If you think this is a likely scenario, check in advance that your preferred care home would accept local authority funding if it became necessary.

Local Authority Funding

Depending on your situation, your local authority may meet some, or all, of your care costs.You’ll need to contact your local council to organise a needs assessment to confirm that you require care.

Once this has confirmed that you need care, the local authority will undertake a financial assessment to decide how much they will contribute towards your care.

These assessments are free. If you are eligible for local authority funding, your local authority must ensure you have a genuine choice about where you live.

Local authorities run their own homes and have arrangements with independent care home providers; like DMP Healthcare that will provide care at the local authority’s agreed rate.

If your local authority says that your chosen home is too expensive for your level of need, they may not cover your full costs. In that case, if possible, a relative or other source of funding (a charity or benevolent fund) can make up the difference; this is called a top up

NHS Funding

In England, NHS continuing healthcare (CHC) is available for people with severe or complex health needs and it may cover all of a person’s care home fees.

NHS staff will undertake an assessment of your needs to determine whether you have a primary healthcare need that is best treated outside hospital (dementia is an example of this).

You will need to have regular assessments to determine whether you continue to receive this type of funding.

What’s next? Request a call back or call our support team to find out more or arrange a viewing.

call us on

0208 861 2159